Pages

Sep 23, 2013

Old Street Bak Kut Teh. Zesty Soup Crispy You Tiao Near at Hand

Sometimes I work overtime and knock off late. If I am not resigned to just heading back home with an empty stomach after a long day of fierce battle with time, I will find food somewhere nearby to stuff myself up. Fortunately or not, there is an Old Street Bak Kut Teh, just opposite my workplace, across the main road of Upper Payar Road.



A hot spicy peppery Bak Kut Teh soup, accompanied by big crispy You Tiao, after a long exhausting day is sinful yet warming enough to somehow melt my mental fatique. I do not have an epicure's tongue. To me, the peppery soup here is just as good as that of the famous Founder Bak Kut Teh. Tasty and zesty! The plus point. Old Street has thumbs-up You Tiao. Ha. It looks so big and fluffy, yet so crispy. Well, just my personal preference, and I admit that I may be a bit biased as it is really too near to my office :)






Old Street Bak Kut Teh 老街肉骨茶
129 Upper Payar Lebar Road, Singapore 534840   |   Mon to Sun 7am - 1am

No comments:

Post a Comment